5.20.2012

Resolution 20: Quick, Healthy Breakfast

Quick, Healthy Breakfast

This past week, my resolution was to eat a healthy breakfast that was quick and filling. Inspired by a post I had read on Self magazine's website, I had Scott pick up some groceries for me Sunday morning. Thanks to him I was able to have yogurt, blueberries, and a quarter cup of Grape Nuts sprinkled in for crunch each morning for breakfast. Each morning, getting up about ten minutes earlier than usual, I would make myself the sweet, creamy, and crunchy concoction right before heading to work. 


Truth be told, however, I did not enjoy this breakfast choice. Sure, it tasted delicious and I loved the way the Grape Nuts crunchified a texture I would otherwise have found relatively repulsive. Nonetheless, this breakfast choice I had made didn't fill me up. By third hour each day I was grumpy, craving anything edible, and my stomach was audibly dissatisfied. Since my lunch is 6th hour (2.5 hours after the pangs of hunger had already kicked in), I deemed this breakfast choice no longer an option. 


No worries. You win some, you lose some. I chalk this one up as a loss. I had never expected to win them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment