1.22.2012

Resolution 4: Hydrate + Track Calories + Get Active

Drink 6, or more, servings of water each day
Track my calorie intake
Raise my heart rate for a minimum of 200 minutes a week

As you may have already noticed, based on the resolutions and post-title above, my goal this week is to combine (without fail) all of my resolutions thus far. 

To help me with this week's resolution, I have found an app and website that I believe will help me achieve success. Lose It! is a free website that also syncs with its Nook Color app (also free), both of which I started using yesterday (when I upgraded my original Nook to my new Nook Color). Lose It! tracks weight loss, food intake, and exercise--there is also a feature that allows me to see graphs of my results as I begin to reach my set goals. So far, I find the app to be extremely easy to use, as well as the layout to be appealing to the eye. The website is a bit less simple to navigate, mainly because it has more features to confuse a first time user; however, I believe that with repeated use I will become more comfortable with the site's ins and outs.

Today I have used this new site/app religiously--plugging in each food I have eaten (I have consumed 1,978 calories today), each calorie burning activity I have done (I burned 235 calories shoveling this morning), and learning how many calories I could still take in today (should I feel hungry, I have 235 calories remaining). Now, going in to my busy work week, I will really be able to test the ease of use of this tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment