Drink 6, or more, serving of water each day
Without a doubt, I kicked this goal out of the park this week. I seem to have successfully woven drinking water into my daily routine: most mornings at school I help myself to a Vitamin Water Zero, I drink water with my lunch, I have stocked my shelves with Klarbrunn water (personally, I like the Black Cherry), when I workout I guzzle 3 or 4 servings, and when out to eat I order a club soda if I am running short on my intake of water for the day.
Delightfully, my water intake does seem to be making a difference in my overall health. First of all, water fills me up, which allows me to be sure that when I feel hungry I not simply dehydrated. This also helps to keep me from snacking absentmindedly. Secondly, my skin feels softer and not as dried out as it was just a month ago. I can not be certain that this is related to my increasing my water intake, but my gut tells me that it is.
Track my calorie intake
| My calorie report for this week, as it appears on my Lose It! tracker |
This is another goal that I rocked this week. Thanks to the Lose It! website and NookColor App, it was quite simple to track my calories each day. Only one day did I go significantly over my daily allowance: Monday we had an unexpected snow day, and I found myself at Buffalo Wild Wings with friends. Four and a half hours at BWW lead to some poor caloric choices, but I recovered well because the remainder of the week I was at or below my calorie limit each day...until today that is. Today I ended 50 calories over my recommended amount (again, I found myself at BWW and this time I simply underestimated how many calories each boneless wing contained).
When I first started tracking calories a few weeks ago, I would often find myself hungry at the end of the day. This is no longer the case. Thankfully, it seems as if my body is adapting the the reduced quantity calories I am consuming each day. Certainly, I am motivated to continue this endeavor--I have begun losing over a pound a week since I started tracking each consumed calorie!
Raise my heart rate for a minimum of 200 minutes a week
This, I have to admit, is my largest accomplishment this week. This week I successfully fit in four workouts (real workouts--jogging on the treadmill, playing Wii fit, dancing to Just Dance). Overall, I put in 180 minutes with true workouts; when combined with this week's shoveling from earlier in the week, I reached a total of 220 minutes during which I raised my heart rate for an extended period of time.
| My calories burned while exercising this week, as recorded on Lose It! |
The reason I am so proud of myself with this particular goal: I was crazy busy this week. For instance, on Wednesday I worked from 7:00 AM until 5:30 PM, and when I got home (exhausted from teaching all day and the two hour meeting that followed) I slipped on some jogging pants, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes, and hopped on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Motivated by an episode of True Blood, I was able to power through despite how tired I already was. I followed up my workout with a shower, dinner with Scott and our friend Jen, and then a much needed 8 hours of sleep. Then, I did it all again the next day, with only slight alterations.
It is my hope that I can, someday soon, find a routine with these workouts. Unfortunately, with Speech season in full force and my serving on the REA negotiations team, I don't think a routine is in my near future.
I'm only a few days away from completing my first month of resolutions!
No comments:
Post a Comment